Seems we have good news in the Maker and Open Hardware community – The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s low-cost computer has launched his most waited upgrade, the Raspberry Pi 2!
There are two key changes on this new model, the processor now a lot more powerful and it includes twice as much RAM. What doesn’t change is just as important: it still sells for only $35.
«It’s a major leap forward in terms of computing power for users,» says Mike Powell, a technology development manager for Pi distributor Element14. Powell believes that the Pi 2 will open up a lot of new opportunities because of its added computing power. «A whole wave of new applications are now possible,» he says.
- Broadcom BCM2836 ARMv7 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 900MHz
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Identical board layout and footprint as the Model B+, so all cases and 3rd party add-on boards designed for the Model B+ will be fully compatible.
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your «real world» projects
- 10/100 Ethernet Port to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet
2 and B comparison:
Element´s 14 unique first look at the new board!
The new Board on Photos:
- Just a few of many, many, many amazing projects that are on the web where Tech meet the Art... this time focused on Arduino (or simple electronics) projects... Enjoy! #1 - Four letters word project Artist: Rob Seward The installation consists of four units, each capable of displaying all 26 letters…